• Creating, enhancing and maintaining reporting models to support business requirements
• Design report models using department and company goals as a filter for processing relevant data
• Design multi-leveled query structures
• Write SQL Queries where necessary for complex Cognos reporting project requirements
• Design and Implement Cognos Drill Through and Bookmark features in reports
• Design reports using HTML tags in the Cognos Reporting Tool
• Maintain knowledge on all new software and financial techniques to make design choice solutions
• Monitor report response times and ensure optimal utilization of all SQL scripts
• Conduct requirements meetings with end-users utilizing quantitative, analytical and business skills and knowledge in an effort to understand crucial data needs for different business users within the Department of Education (DOE).
• Coordinate with data architecture and modeling teams to prepare and design reports that best fit user’s requirements
• Assist with managing report security, folder security, database row level security, report schedules and distributions
• Develop and maintain dashboards and apply data visualization best practices
• Assures consistent quality of report results by developing, validating, and providing the necessary documentation
• Plan, control and execute Unit and System Testing
• Create email distributions using the Cognos automated bursting features that uses data results
• Perform Cognos maintenance activities including schedule and report queue monitoring
• Document report issues and problems to provide update status and resolutions to project manager
MANDATORY MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate must have minimally achieved the following level of experience:
8+ years of experience supporting day to day operations of Cognos BI and Analytics
4+ years of experience in working with Cognos Framework Manager, data modeling and the development of packages accessing various data sources including SQL Server and DB2.
4+ years of experience in preparing with Microsoft Office products such as MS Project, MS Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word where required
4+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server databases, SQL Reporting tools, Microsoft TFS and TFS Release Manager
Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college
Prior education industry/project experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate in a credible and confident manner at all levels in the organization including conveying technical issues to a non-technical audience.
Detailed and process-oriented.
Familiarity with city financial systems (FMS and FAMIS).
Key skill Required
- Microsoft Technologies
- Software Testing Consultant